Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Quick Little Thought...

I've been spending some time here with Pastor Magi and this evening I had dinner at his house with his family. The thing I really see in him and a huge thing that I feel that God has really been showing me is just how huge loving people really is. I think that when we read our bibles and see how it says to love one another, that we often get this grand picture in our minds of us doing huge, amazing things and changing people lives right and left... But that's not what it looks like at all. Laying your life down for people is something that looks and seems so small to our naked human eyes, yet when we see through the eyes of God, the smallest, least things we do are what make us do such great things in peoples' hearts for His kingdom. That's what I see changing lives and saving them, not a love that's glamorous or that's seen by everyone important, but a love that's longsuffering and steadfast. I was talking with Carina and she was telling me how she loved how it says that if we give even a cup of water in His Name that we have a reward in heaven. It's so small to us, but so huge in the Kingdom of God. It's interesting how much humility and trust in God it takes to do such seemingly small things in His Name. Loving people is hard, yet mostly because we try to do it without Him with own capacity to do so... Philippians 2:13 says, "for it is God who works in you both to will and do His good pleasure." How awesome is our God that when we ask Him to enable us to love people or to just want the things He wants, He does it. That just blows my mind. God is so incredible that He gives us every tool that we need to do His work, but we still look at Him and speak to Him as if He's asking us to do this stuff on our own. There is such power and peace in knowing that it's up to Him to do it and make a way. Our part is just walking on the path that He set before us and being obedient to Him. It's pretty simple, but we find ways to make it complicated or just to mess up anyway. Thank You, Lord, that You are a God of limitless patience...

I love you and miss you all so much.
May God bless you and keep you,
Robby

(I'll try to get some new pics and whatnot up soon...)

1 comment:

Diana said...

What a great word Robby, I'm glad I saw it to start my day. Truth is so simple yet so profound! So excited for the awesome life-changing work God is doing in you!